Lincoln is a preemie. With that title comes certain issues such as jaundice. Chloe had it, Lily did not, and Lincoln has it. So yesterday we went into the hospital for 24 hours of lights and non-stop breast-feeding. He was a trooper! He hated being on his back and having a blind fold on. So after about 2 hours of standing at his side, holding his hand, rubbing his back, and popping the pacifier back into his mouth I decided to try something that every health care professional tells you not to do. I put him on his belly! After that, he loved his treatments! (I watched him like a hawk, and was able to get a little rest at the same time). His levels went down from 19.4 to 10.4. We are now "home" and continuing what feels like non-stop nursing! I'm just glad to be out of the hospital!
As for socialized health care I am totally against it. (that is what military health care is). It's a system that does not work because there is no common sense. Here I had a newborn, premature, baby and they were not going to let me take him to a pediatrician for an appointment. The reason? Because I am not Jason. Jason had to enroll Lincoln into the system before they would do anything. And since I didn't have the correct power of attorney...they wouldn't let me do it. I was furious. Since my fury, I've found out that being in the military...it's all about who you know. There is an LDS family living upstairs from us at the hotel. The husband is a military Family Medicine resident. I called him, told him our issue, and he got us seen the next morning. Thank goodness. If it was up to the office people in the service, our son might be permanently brain damaged. We did get excellent care and everything is now okay. Daddy comes home tomorrow. I can't wait!
My other issue....what's up with the fundus(sp?) the third time around? It hurts like crazy and is taking forever go away. Will I really be able to get my former belly back?

5 comments:
I love the pics! I'm glad you got it all worked out. I'm with you about the health care.
Congrats on having your little a baby! What a sweet little thing. How is life in Las Vegas? Take care.
So glad you got in - what a little trooper he is!
Congratulations! Lincoln is such a beautiful little boy and I'm so glad for you that Jason is back by now. Have fun with your new house and all the painting-I can't wait to see more pictures (of the house and Lincoln)!
Third time around was a hard recovery for me too... for some reason the after birth contractions kill. I feel your pain! Hopefully you are feeling better now. Lincoln is beautiful and I am so happy for your family.
Post a Comment