
We are so blessed to have him!
Here's the story...


We are so greatful to have Daddy home! The girls seem to be getting better behaviorally and it's nice to have backup for all the nightime feedings. I feed the little guy every 2-3 hours. Just call me the milk maid!

Last Thursday I felt great when I woke up, but then I went to the bathroom. I got a little scared because there was blood. So I called the doctor and went into the hospital. I wasn't having really bad contractions like I'd had the Tuesday before, but they hooked me up to the monitors and checked everything out. As it turns out, the blood was the start of my mucus plug...which continued to poor out just as the doc came in to check me. After another 30 minutes of monitoring, the baby kicked and my water broke. It was kind of like watching a cartoon because I watched my stomach jump and then watched the water squirt out sideways. It was really bizarre! So, I called the nurse, she confirmed it was my water, and then they made arrangements for the ambulance to come and take me to a hospital with a NICU. The base hospital has a policy of not allowing you to deliver there until 36 weeks. I tried really hard to make that deadline, but apparently our son did not want to comply. (We were only 2 days shy)! My wonderful friend Laura came to pick up the girls and Sharon was able to meet me and the ambulance crew as we were about ready to leave. Upon arriving at the other hospital I briefly contemplated not getting an epidural. But then I found out they needed to give me Pitosin to get the baby out a little faster as to not promote infection. I called Jason again, we agreed on a name, I got a really good epidural, and then had the baby by 7:25. It was my best delivery! I didn't even scream. The nurse I had was an excellent coach and told me exactly when and how hard to push with each contraction. (I made her promise to help me with all that because I didn't want to tear like the last time. I don't mess around when it comes to pushing which is why Chloe skidded out and was barely caught and Lily flipped out)! The resultant weeks of pain were not fun! This time I didn't tear as much but am having more pain d/t the fundus. It still hurts and Lily keeps asking me if there is another baby inside there. Lincoln is now 10 days old and trying to make his daytime night and nightime day. Not too much fun.
We celebrated Father's Day and Jason's birthday the day after he got home from Alabama. Happy Birthday Daddy!
We have missed you so much!

3 comments:
What a great story for the record books. You are awesome! Glad it all worked out for you guys :)
What a scary beginning! I'm glad it all went smoothly in the end. Clearly, Lincoln was definitely worth the trouble.
I especially love the pics with Chloe. Could a big sister be more proud?
Congrats, again!
I'm glad your family is whole again.
Post a Comment