Sunday, June 14, 2009

What A Weekend!


Nana brought all kinds of toys...including her anti-snoring machine. Chloe thinks the parts are fun to play with!
This has been a great weekend for me. On Friday, I got to go to the temple. I left there feeling at peace with everything going on in our lives. It was so nice to go there, do some of the Lord's work, and then sit and pray....just really poor my heart out to Heavenly Father. I knew my children were safe and in good hands, so I was able to take my time and really enjoy being in the house of the Lord. The Vegas Temple is beautiful!-truly a piece of heaven here on earth!





On Saturday we drove an hour north to the Warm Springs. It is in Northern Nevada, in the middle of nowhere, and owned by the church. You pay $2.00 per person per day to camp, swim, and tour this amazing oasis in the desert. It was a surreal experience. Everything is green! Not brown or tan....green! There are natural palm trees, grass, and hot springs. Apparently there used to be a volcano above ground nearby. Now, the volcano is underground and is actually what creates these natural warm springs and allows for palm trees to grow there naturally. It is amazing. There is a main house, now condemed, that was planned by Frank Lloyd Wright. We were able to tour that....I'd love to see it get renovated. But it is currently sinking...most of the rooms are slanted. The kids had a great time. It was fun to meet some other members of our ward up there and enjoy the day! (We've had amazing weather here lately. It' only been in the upper 80's and upper 90's.) We haven't seen the 100's since May....how nice!


I thought this sign was rather cute.
(Proof we were in the middle on of no mans land)!


The upper part of the creek.

Swimming in the natural warm springs pool.
Catching fish in the crick.

Sheba has gotten better...but Lily is sick. She's had a low grade fever and complains that her head and belly hurt. So her and I are staying home from church today. It is now 11:30 and she is still sleeping. She hasn't wanted to eat much lately. I was glad for that when she threw up in my bed last night at 3AM. Lucky for me it was just water all over the comforter and not chunks of whatever.

As far as our new house goes...we're still waiting on the VA! Maybe I'll have good news by the end of this week!

As for the baby update...he's still in the womb and we've made it to 35 weeks! (When Chloe was born). I'm hoping he'll stay in until Daddy gets back on the 26th! But I've started to have braxton hicks contractions while laying down...not normal....so it really could be anytime!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Max Max Max Max Max Max Max Max Max Max Max Max Max Max Max Max

Anna said...

We love Warm Springs. We go there with the Man's family every time we visit.

Anna said...

Shoot. I hit enter before I said GOOD LUCK!

Deborah said...

I'm so glad things are looking up for you guys. Keep that baby with you for a few more weeks!