Miss Jane loves Dora, Barbie, Tinker Bell, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, playing with our neighbor David, playing with Chloe, trying to do Chloe's homework, going to "pretty school", swimming lessons, dress-up, going to see the two Nanas, and wearing pink. She will put on a different outfit 3 times a day if I let her...and they all have to be pink. She will have a melt down if she can't wear pink pants. So every few weeks I go to Target just to pick up a pair of their toddler $4.00 comfy pants in some kind of pink pattern. She has a ton of other clothes but it's like pulling teeth to get her to wear them! What can I say? I'm glad she's a kid that knows what she wants!
Chloe and Lily are very different. My friend Carolyn commented on this as we were taking a walk one day. We were watching them run ahead of us and she pointed out how Chloe runs with a purpose and determination, knowing exactly where she wants to go, pumping her arms and gritting her teeth. Lily runs while looking around at anything and everthing, her arms swinging casually, and her feet kicking her butt. She often runs into things because she is looking behind her and not at where her feet are taking her. (please see the Calamity Jane post for questions on this)!
Chloe and Lily are very different. My friend Carolyn commented on this as we were taking a walk one day. We were watching them run ahead of us and she pointed out how Chloe runs with a purpose and determination, knowing exactly where she wants to go, pumping her arms and gritting her teeth. Lily runs while looking around at anything and everthing, her arms swinging casually, and her feet kicking her butt. She often runs into things because she is looking behind her and not at where her feet are taking her. (please see the Calamity Jane post for questions on this)!
Lily can have fun in any situation but often wants me to hold her hand. She'll go and do things independantly and then makes a bee-line for Mommy as soon as she's done. Maybe this is why she stayed in the womb two full weeks longer than her sister.!?... She loves to sit on my lap and cradle my face with her two little hands. She tries to "mommy" me...it's really very sweet! She also gives the greatest hugs!
She's my peanut, a total light weight. She found a pair of shorts that are size 6-9 months at Nana's house a few weeks ago and they still fit! They are pink so she has decided that she really likes them a lot and need to be part of her winter wardrobe!
She knows how to get into trouble and also likes to point out when others are getting into trouble. I know that I use middle names when I get mad. This realization came to me when I heard her say, "No Daddy Jane"!
She is such a sweetheart and has brought so much joy into our lives. Here are a few of my favorite Lily pics:

This is about 12 days before the day she was born.
Her first Halloween. Only 11 days old!
Three weeks old!
Three months old!11 months
same
1 year old!
Eighteen Months!
Two!Practically 3!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEANUT! We love you!

5 comments:
I remember visiting you in the hospital and she was such a pretty little girl even then. Who wouldn't love pink pants everyday?!
She is so beautiful. I love the progression pictures. It makes you realize how much they really have grown.
I can't believe she is three. I remember holding her when she was just So tiny!! She and Abby would get along great! I love the picture of you, Jason and the girls.
Geez, can you believe it's been three years since we had these babies? Tyler is turning 3 tomorrow. I was just telling him yesterday he spent his first Halloween in the hospital! By the way, I like your "plan" regarding having more kiddos. We are kind of doing the same thing for now, although if we wait too much longer I'll feel like we have to have 2 more and not just 1. Maybe we're just done! :)
Happy Birthday, Lily!
Post a Comment