Monday, October 13, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

You never know what you're going to get during a sacrament meeting, despite all of the direction we've been given on how to bare a proper testimony from the leaders in the church. During sacrament meeting this past Sunday a woman got up and started chastising the congregation for not doing enough. The point she was trying to make was that our Bishop does so much for us regardless of what his needs are....he puts us first. But she was hitting the podium with her hands and her shoe as she made each point. It was kind of like watching an evangelical pastor get riled up during a sermon. Lily got a little scared and buried her head in my chest. After this went on for quite some time, the bishop got up and whispered something to her, she changed her tone and finally wrapped things up. This part I did not hear because I had to take Lily to the bathroom. As we were coming back into the chapel a friend who was seated close to us was walking out and smiling. She proceeds to tell me that Chloe made a comment about that "testimony". In her not so quiet little voice she turned to Jason and said, "Well that wasn't very nice"!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Nothing like a good open mic Sunday to keep you on your toes!

A&J&Baby said...

i was right across from you and i heard her say it too! i thought it was so cute and funny. but i did feel a little sorry for your husband trying to shh her!

Stephanie said...

It was one of those moments that as a parent....you're not sure what to do! I'm kind of glad Jason had to deal with it and not me. I think I would have smiled and put my hand over her mouth.

Deborah said...

good for her. Someone had to say it.

Katrina said...

Wonderful! (I want to know who it was!) That's exciting about Las Vegas. What a fun adventure for the family. If you hate car rides, just wait for those lovely cross-country flights! :)