Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Chloe!


Chloe Mae

7 days old.


4 months old

7 months old

9 months old One year old
2 years old
3 years old 4 years old
5 years old

My oldest child is now 5 years old! She is in kindergarten and loves it. She can swim the width of the pool without any help. (she'll actually swim for hours at a time if I'd let her)! She is a socialite and makes friends everywhere she goes. Everyone knows her name-she may or may not know theirs. She is fun, emotional, dramatic, sensitive, loving, and eager. She is currently worried about fire safety. Last night she made Daddy check the batteries on our smoke detector. She really wants to take her gee-gee with her if there's ever a fire in our home. She does not like to be anywhere by herself...a trait I think she inherited from me. I would scream if I realized I was all by myself because I was completely afraid of monsters and knew they were around somewhere. She is currently having the same terrors. She loves to sing and can remember any tune. The other day we were driving in Daddy's car and she said, "Hey Dad, how about some tunes?!! How about the one that goes.........................................................oh wait.............................................................okay I got it.....DA da da Da da, Da da da DA Da DAA DAAA DAA Da, Da Da." She correctly sang Tears For Fears, "Head Over Heals." Both Jason and I were blown away. I guess singing lessons or piano lessons are just around the corner!

She is a perfectionist. She's learing how to correctly write all the letters right now and she loves to erase her letters and start all over if they aren't quite right. Most nights when doing homework we have to break out the vacuum to suck up all the erasor turds.

She is very determined to get things right. She gets frustrated if it doesn't work right the first time. And she likes to win. She cries if she doesn't win. Also a trait she inherited from me. I think I only got over that when I became a mom. I just figured out how to win and stuck with that. I'm sure she will be the same way. Just not with gymnastics....probably with swimming.

We love our firstborn with all our hearts. There has never been a dull moment starting when she shot out of the womb so fast that the doc barely caught her. She then proceeded to grab the suction bulb away from the nurses that were trying to clean her up. To this day she still enters a room with a presence. It's like okay, I'm here, life can happen now. She just walks right into any situation with her little hips swaying back and forth, hands on her hips. Most of the time a pretty confident kid, ready for whatever comes her way. Happy Birthday Kiddo!

7 comments:

Alisha said...

Happy Birthday! Isn't it amazing how their look changes so fast!

Stephanie said...

So true! They grow and change way too fast. I can't believe she's five already.

Anna said...

Happy Birthday you little cutie!

Paul and Holly Domm said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe she's 5 wow-really that blows me away!

Deborah said...

I can't believe she is 5 already. Happy birthday, Chloe.

Joanna said...

happy birthday Chloe!

Mary said...

Happy Birthday, Chloe.