Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Vegas, Here We Come!

We just found out today that we will be moving to sunny Las Vegas, Nevada in April! I'm excited to know where we will be going. In all honesty, I'm scared to death to move that far away from my family. --Seriously, I'm a home body. Buffalo is the farthest I've ever been away from home. (Pretty sad, I know)! I detest the 45 minutes it takes us to get to Jason's parents. And I really hate the hour 1/2 it takes to get to my parents'. Now, I'm gonna be on the other side of the country! And I thought I'd like to move to Germany! HA!
Oh well. I guess I have to cut the umbilical cord sometime. I'm 30 years old....I guess now is as good a time as any! I've been ignoring the fact that this was going to happen. Secretly hoping that the Air Force would send us back to Rochester. Sad, I know...Reality is sinking in. We're moving whether I want to or not. So, these are my wishes for when we move out West:
1. I better get to go to hike or horseback the Grand Canyon.
2. We'd better have a boy to help balance the estrogen level in our home. (no, I'm not pregnant yet)!
3. I want to go see General Conference in person. (And visit friends in Utah)!
4. I want to visit our family and friends in Oregon.
5. I want a pool and central air.

10 comments:

kristenita said...

hey stephanie! just dropping in...
my BFF is from vegas & I have visited several times & it would be a great place to live! far from family, yes... but also:

1. there are non-stop flights (for cheap!) from vegas to buff. and probably to tons of other cities!
2. you will FOR SURE have central AC in those crazy summers.
3. it's only a 4 or 5hr drive to provo if I remember right from my college days - so UT visits will be easy!
4. yay for new adventure?
5. I hope you have a boy too, they are fun... but I am a little biased & don't know any better!! heehee
6. congrats on knowing where you are going with the USAF. we have the same adventure with the USN, I can't wait to find out where we are going!

Mary said...

I'm all for people moving west. Congratulations! Put me on your list of people to visit in Utah.

Deborah said...

I'm glad you know where you are going, but I'm sad it is so far away.

April said...

Very exciting! I love adventures. Plus, Vegas is the kind of place where people will want to come visit you, like us... Please make up the spare room!

Alisha said...

Wow! Take it from a West Coast girl, you are going to love it. Especially since you won't probably be there forever. Here are some things to think about. Vegas to Phx is only 4 hrs in a car so I'm sure the Grand Canyon isn't too much different. You WILL have central air and most likely a pool :) if not in your backyard at least in your neighborhood. Like April said, people are going to want to come to see you. Finally, summers there are like winters here, they last forever! So just when you think it's over it's not. It'll be a nice change :) Congrats!

Amy said...

You will have a blast. My best friend from college lives there with her family and they love it. Non-stop flights between Rochester and Vegas on Air Tran.

Anna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh Vegas baby! I love Vegas! We'll have to see you when we visit The Man's family. Congrats!

nvandermeid said...

The West is beautiful!!!!! You will love it. Enroll in a frequent flier program!

Joanna said...

VEGAS BABY! You will love it. I had a friend who lived there and LOVED it. You will be fine living away. It will be an adventure. While we are all FREEZING here you will be out in the pool. I am jealous.

Al Rae said...

Yeah!!!!
Come on out!!!!
Shoot, Ill come play with you guys!! Vegas is only a few hours away!

Who know, you could end up in Germany before we leave there. When I was in Baumholder with Jon we ended up at Reinstein AFB a few times as things in the surrounding towns seemed to be closed over Christmas/ New Years