Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Latest From Nevada

-We got a house! We sign on the 20th and can hopefully move in soon after. We had hoped to rent it until then, but the company's insurance won't allow that to happen. So, we are still in a tiny hole in the wall that they call an "Air Force Inn". My father-in-law is with us and therefore it makes it soooooo much smaller. Can I do this for another 25-30 days? Maybe we'll have to go and get a furnished apartment for one month......just so that I don't completely lose my mind!!!!!
-On the Chloe and school thing...we've decided that we'll enroll her next year in Kindergarten and have her tested. We figured she could use the extra year to mature a bit...and she'll already know everything and be at the top of her class. She likes to be a leader so maybe this will give her that chance. (And I really hope that her maturity level gets better)!
-I had to go into the hospital the other day because I had a "leak". I was worried that it was amniotic fluid. So they strapped me up to all the machines and then tested everything. As I waited for the results I kept thinking that it would totally suck if I had to be on hospital bed rest this early in the game. But everything came back normal... they just told me to be careful. I'm not supposed to lift anything over 10 pounds, walk slowly, and lay down whenever I feel the need. I also have to wear my belly cradle whenever possible-which is not a great fashion statement but helps a ton! I wear it over my clothes because there are times that I have to rip it off because it starts to squeeze and lift too much!
-I'm doing everything I can to keep my sanity so I'm trying to create a schedule for the girls without enrolling them in anything just yet. We go to the gym every other day because they have this great glassed in area where you can lock your kids in to play with all kinds of toys or watch tv and watch them while you work out. So we go...I use some light weights to work out my arms and do some yoga type stretching. We then go to the big gym where they can run around until they are good and tired. On the opposite days we go to the library or family readiness center to use the computers, check out books, and play with different toys. We also do our shopping on these days. We spend a lot of time out at the playground too. The girls love it when the sprinklers are on! They don't care if it's 8 in the morning and cold! The temps here have been anywhere between 65 and 95 degrees. It's like the valley can't decide if it wants to have spring or summer. All in all it hasn't been that bad. My skin is clear, my hair is great, but my skin can't get enough lotion! We figured out where we should be going to church and will start that endeavor on Sunday and hopefully make some new friends. Chloe loved the Sunday school teacher she had last week and drew and colored a picture for him this week. The problem was that we went to a different ward this week and she therefore had a different teacher. She was mortified. It took quite a while to calm her down. Slowly but surely we're getting closer to where we need to be. I'm just not very patient and want to fast forward my life to the day we move into our house! (But 5 days after that, Jason has to leave for training...which is the real reason his dad is here to help). I'm not looking forward to that!

2 comments:

Anthony and Kristie said...

I bet you miss Wegmans:)

Stephanie said...

Oh yeah! Although the Commissary has good food prices...just not the selection and grandier of Wegmans.