Monday, May 4, 2009

Change In Plans

As it turns out the house we originally found was just a little too close to a pig farm. We went over there every evening for a week to smell how bad it might be. Well.... lets just say there were many nights that the girls started gagging and I got nauseous. So, we have backed out of that deal! It's too bad...it was a great house with an amazing pool...but I just don't think we could have enjoyed the pool too often. Apparently the man who owns the farm goes around to all the casinos and takes their garbage for his pigs to eat. He does a great service to the community....but man oh man does it smell bad when they process all that garbage. (or when he stacks manure really close to his fences)!
So....we have found another house....a brand new build...at a better deal. Yippee! It is actually the same floor plan that I fell in love with when I first came out here in February. We have to put a pool in ourselves....but we're okay with that. The house is great and has a guest room and bathroom on the first floor! So when you come to visit us you can even have a little privacy!
I'm feeling more at ease knowing that we will be in a house soon. We also went to our own Ward for church this Sunday and think it will be great. (There are 12 Wards in the North Las Vegas Stake...this is the 2nd largest). Lots of kids to play with! Things are slowly but surely getting better!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Congratulations! Personally, living next to a smelly pig farm sounds appealing. But that's me.

Boss said...

Hey, I think I saw a show about that pig farm on the Discovery Channel. It sounded pretty cool, how he uses all that food that would otherwise be wasted. But it looked pretty disgusting, and I can only imagine the smell! So good call moving on to something else. And I'm glad you found something even better!

Deborah said...

congratulations. Post pictures as soon as you can.