I have discovered that my children adapt to photo shoots best when it's unplanned. So this Sunday afternoon we got home from church and the girls were just hangin' out in the backyard. Lily was laying down on the grass.....now my first reaction happened in my head... "Get off the grass...you're going to get your dress all dirty!" But then the photographer in me thought...."Wow that would be a great picture!" So what actually came out of my mouth was, "Lily stay there and smile!" They both loved fanning out their dresses to look like a princess!

I ran into the kitchen and grabbed two fake flowers. Hmmmm....where are they now? Oh well, they really enjoyed playing with them. They made for some great, quick props!

Let me know which pics are your favorites!



This was really a fun and peaceful way to spend part of our Sunday afternoon! I don't normally get to take naps like the other adult in our household...but this was a great alternative! Thank you Carolyn, for the beautiful dresses! They have definately been a hit!
7 comments:
Great job! I like 4, 5, 6, and 7 the most. Beautiful dresses.
Cute girlies. I am totally laughing about your naps on Sundays comment, because Keith and I just had an argument about that this last Sunday. Seems like I'm always the one who gets up when the kids need something, and he continues to nap, although he claims it's not really a nap, because he never falls asleep, because the kids are too loud, etc.(I beg to differ, I've heard snoring before). Anyway, too funny.
I love the ones of them together. They are so sweet!
Ok, you get the job!
I need to also look for those picture moments. When we plan them I end up with at least one grumpy kid that doesn't want to do it.
What beautiful photos! I love them all :)
what darling girls you have!
I love the pictures! My favorites are the ones that aren't posed. They would be great framed in a grouping. I also love the first day of preschool pictures. The girls really are so beautiful!
Post a Comment