Please notice the fairy on her shirt. She seems to be a fire fairy. Also keep in mind that Chloe gets in trouble for using "potty words" at school or at home. The only time she's allowed to use potty words is with Daddy. This is a shirt that my mom got at a second hand store to keep at her house for the just in case moments that crop up on all of us mommies every once in awhile. Well...Chloe experienced this just in case moment as the last time we went to my mother's I forgot the girls suitcase at home on the landing. No, actally she got this shirt the time before that. Anyway...this has now become one of Chloe's favorite shirts. The other night we were having a discussion about the shirt and it went like this:
Chloe: Why does my fairy princess have fire?
Mommy: I don't know...but it looks like it might help her fly faster.
Chloe: Why?
Mommy: So that she can keep up with Superman.
Chloe: And Spiderman too? But why is there fire?
Mommy: I don't know, Chloe. Maybe she's just got a lot of gas.
Chloe: What gas?
Mommy: Maybe she just farts so much that it turns into fire so she can zoom through the sky.
Chloe liked that as she proceeded to laugh for the next five minutes.
Now this evening she decided to wear it to bed. As she was putting it on and walking toward me to show off her concocted pj outfit, she says, "Now Mommy, I don't want you to use potty words about my shirt today."
I guess I'm just not such a good role model sometimes. Maybe I was trying to fill in for Daddy?!..

1 comment:
If your home is like mine, I doubt you will ever catch up to Jason.
Post a Comment