"This is my pink"
Nothing slows her down!Two days before Jason left for the Philipines, we lost power. As the house got colder and colder the girls and I just put on more clothes. However, when Jay got home he decided to start a fire. Well, as in the past, all of the smoke that should go up the chimney came right into the house instead. (We really need to get that fixed)! So I took the girls upstairs to play in their room. I closed all the doors upstairs and then proceeded to hang a sheet across the hallway in an attempt to keep the smoke from coming upstairs. I went into my room for a second and then hurd the thud. I came out to find Chloe running into her room and Lily at the bottom of the stairs crying. So after getting ice on her arm and calming down we found out that Chloe pushed Lily down the stairs. We haven't really found out if they were just fooling around or if it was maliscious because neither was willing to give a ton of information. Anyway...we end up getting in touch with her doctor who told us to wait until morning and bring her into the office. (Because there was no immediate bruising, only some swelling).
We spend the next 2 hours buying a kerosene heater and driving around Buffalo to find someone who sells kerosene. The girls fell asleep in the car...but Jay and I didn't get to sleep until 1AM d/t the paranoia you get when your only source of heat is coming from a kerosene heater in the middle of the kids room. We all slept in their room that night.
So we go to the doctor's office the next morning and have to wait 1 hour to be seen. Meanwhile, the 2 year old in pain, has thrown 4 tantrums before we've even seen the doctor because she just wants to go home. He finally comes in to check her out and finds her on the floor, doing that, after a tantrum gasp for breath/calming down type of breathing. So yes, her arm is broken. He sends us for x-rays. Lily is now asleep on my shoulder totally worn out from her previous attempts to escape the doctor's office.
Now as I get her to the x-ray place she has slept about 20 minutes and is now a new kid! She was adorable in the waiting room. Pleasant, talkative, and happy go lucky. She even smiled for the x-rays! She told everyone what happened to her arm. "Chloe pushed me down da tairs and she shouldn't do dat ever nagan" and "It was an ansident".
I then take her to McDonald's so she can have her favorite yunch. Cheeseburger, fries, apples, and chocolate milk! She's liking this treatment.
Now, I call the doctor's office to see what the ortho doc said, and I'm told we have the take her to the emergency room. They need to set Lily's arm and can only do it under anesthesia because she's a 2 yr old. But I have to wait 3 hours to take her since I just fed her.
So, we take her to the hospital and there they take more x-rays and tell me that they only need to cast her. Although I was greatful that they didn't have to put her under, I was mad that I spent all day running around trying to avoid the ER and ended up going there anyway...only to find out it wasn't necessary!
Thank you Mom, for coming to our aid and taking Chloe out of the ER! My Mom then stayed with us until Saturday due to the bad weather. Jason's flight was canceled and rescheduled to leave on Saturday. So I was able to take him the the airport and the girls were able to say good-bye before he got on the plane.
To make the transition a little easier, Chloe went to Nanna Davis' house for the weekend. She got to see Pippy Longstocking with Nanna and Aunt Jennie. Meanwhile Lily and I went to my mom's house to hang out and visit Mom-Mom.
My van in now in Rochester getting fixed...there're something wrong with the coolant and I was unable to drive it home. And on top of it all I have the flu! Thank goodness we are home safe and sound. Everyone is relatively happy. I just need lots of sleep!

9 comments:
What a difficult weekend for you. My mother always says bad things happen when the Dad is gone. At least Jason hadn't left yet. Good luck surviving alone.
Thanks Deborah! Things are starting to get better!
You're a tough chick. I would have had a melt down somewhere in the middle of all that.
Steph, call me!
stephanie, just found your blog. sorry to hear about Lily. She's a tough kid, that's for sure!
Of course I feel horrible for Lily in that huge cast, but she's just so dang cute I can't help but smile.
You are the real trooper, Stephanie. In that situation, it would be me crying and throwing fits in the doctors office, not my kids.
One week down! Hang in there!
Hooray! I found your blog! I hope you guys are feeling better. Both of my girls are sick, and I feel it coming on too. Can't winter just be over yet?
Erica
http://dickanderica.blogspot.com
we love our kerosene heater. We hang a sheet in the front room and we stay toasty warm. The kids love it. So sorry to hear about Lily's arm. So will we see you at church soon with Jason being gone?? Although when you come for a visit you are now going to have to go to both meetings to see everyone. :)
Oh Stephanie I feel your pain. There is nothing worse than sitting around the ER. You have my deepest sympathies.
Post a Comment