Monday, September 7, 2009

How I Know He Loves Me, Lincoln's Blessing, and A Weekend Away


It's the little things in life that make us happy sometimes. Jason had called me on his way home from work and asked me if I needed anything from Sam's Club. I told him we needed bananas and cilantro. He brought me those things...but then unveiled the king crab legs and cookies. He got king crab...just for me! Yum! I was in heaven! The rest of the family ate chicken and corn on the cob. I ate crab! Fabulous! (The cookies were more for him and the kiddos...but I had some of those too)!


--------------------------------------------



We blessed Lincoln a few Sundays ago while Jennie, Sam and Jordan were here. This was the first day he wore anything other than a onesie! Not a traditional outfit for a blessing but it worked. Jason gave him a beautiful blessing!


Jennie and Sam taking pictures with my camera.



----------------------------------------------------------------------


We decided to go to California for Labor Day weekend. The girls were so excited to go to Sea World! "Are we there yet?" "Mommy, Daddy......How much longer"? This was what we listened to for about 6 hours. We started to wonder why we were doing this.



The landscapes between Vegas and San Diego are amazing....




Sea World was a blast! The dolphins were fantastic! They were Lily's favorite!

We fed the sea lions two trays of fish. They were very outspoken and not afraid to tell you what they wanted. Kind of like the kids!


Chloe was afraid that the starfish were going to bite her so she made Lily pick them up for her. Chloe also very matter-of-fact, told anyone that would listen, they were not allowed to pick the starfish up out of the water because they couldn't breathe and it would kill them. If she saw people doing it, she got very upset, walked over to them and told them what they were doing wrong. Don't hurt the starfish!

"Shamu"


The killer whale (Shamu) show was amazing. They honored all military members and their families during the show. It brought tears to my eyes.


Lincoln really liked Sea World too! He was attached to me whenever the girls and Daddy were on rides. It's a good thing we've learned to nurse discretely in public! He gets ood and awed over everywhere we go.

We stopped at an airplane museum on the way home. Lily loved the planes and was a trooper walking around with Daddy. Chloe, Lincoln, and I preferred to stay indoors where it was cooler. (Keep in mind we all had sunburns from the previous day despite all the reapplications of sunscreen)! I was more than happy to stay inside!

Oh what fun...but definitely ready to go home! Hmmm...I'm so glad we have a home now! The rooms are getting close to being finished so I'll post pics when they are picture-ready!

Bye-bye for now!

Happy Labor Day!

2 comments:

Britta said...

How fun! You've got such a sweet family and such great pics! Glad all is well for you guys. Maybe we'll come visit next time we're in Vegas ;)

Alisha said...

What a great time you guys are having! I can't wait until Lincoln is bigger and you can see how much fun it is to throw a boy in the mix of 2 girls. You are going to love it!

P.S. Thanks for supporting the Sam's Club cause :)