Can I just say that living in limbo sucks? I lost it today...total meltdown. I think I need to get out my frustrations by telling anyone who will read it and see if anyone has any advice.
I'm stuck in a hotel with my father-in-law and my 2 3/4 children. My hubby is away training for one month. Jed is here just in case I go into labor...to "help out". I try to get out of this hole, with the kids, every morning. Most of the time we go to someone else's house and play. Those days are wonderful! Other days we run errands. (although running errands is getting more and more difficult these days. Walking makes me have contractions and it's just too early for that). My children have regressed in maturity as they are about to kill each other. They fight all the time. I need to separate them...but at this point have no way of doing that. I can't take them exploring because I'm afraid to go too far away and don't want to initiate labor! I need to make it another 3 weeks! I'm hesitant to enroll them in daycare anywhere...because we just can't afford it right now and because I'm still in denial about Chloe's kindergarten issue. I feel like I'm losing control. I want to go home. But where is home? Oh yeah. We don't have a home yet! And all our comforts of home are in storage somewhere. I am seriously going to lose my mind if we don't get situated into a house soon. My poor kids have forgotten that they have beautiful toys too...somewhere. Not to mention clothes, games, and all other kinds of things. My meltdown was initiated by Chloe and Lily beating on each other and not listening to me. I just started to cry. After crying in the bathroom and then some more in my closet I walked out the front door. I was totally tempted to get in the car and drive away. I didn't. I sat down, finished crying, and then went back and told them to put their bathing suits on. I let them swim until almost 7PM. Maybe I just need to let them swim everyday and night until we leave this place. No, I think that's what I have to do to preserve my sanity. We just have to wait until after 3 PM to avoid too much sun exposure. I can't wait for Nanna to get here. Moms are so much better at "helping" than an old man that doesn't know how to hang out with kids for more than 15 minutes before putting them in front of the tv or computer. I hate the tv. I want to throw it in the pool! It's like the kids forget how to be nice if it's on. That and everyone forgets that there are so many other things they could be doing. My children turn into little monsters if they sit in front of the tv or computer too long. But oh yeah. There aren't too many other things for us to do here. I could go on and on...but I'm gonna stop here.
Kids Funny Phrases 2025 and before
11 months ago

8 comments:
You are doing a great job.
I wish I could help, but the only thing I can do is to offer you to come to Barcelona for a break, or send the girls?...my three girls(7, 6, 5)and boy (4) would love to have them here...:, just come all together, we´ll pamper you a lot!
Vanessa
Take the girls to McDonalds playland for several hours in the am. You can read a book and they can play. Early am swims might tire them out a little. Go to the library and sit and read with them. Any dollar movies nearby?
I know you must be miserable. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.
Deborah is so smart. I am so sorry you are going through all this. When my kids were young and we had a pool in the apartments and Chris was working nights. I would feed them dinner and go to the pool every night and let them swim until bed time to wear them out! How much longer until you are in a house?
Hey there! Whenever we go on vacations or hang out too long living with families...I get the same way. Thankfully after a few days "back to normal" the kids usually revert back to their normal selves... I am so sorry that things are hard, I guess just take the advice of a wise man who said enjoy even the hard times since it will be way to quickly gone and we will miss the cheerios and fingerprints....
Hang in there... and I am glad to know I am not the only one who has to hide away and cry when I lose it.
Chantel
Steph, i had no idea you were hoteling it with your father in law! I go crazy in hotels! If only it weren't so hot. And this would all be different if you weren't so pregnant.
Oh, man. What are you guys eating in a hotel room? Tell us more. I say just keep writing. Some day you will want to remember this stage and you will be amazed you make it through. And go to the library. See if they have activities planned and hit them all.
We love you guys. Hope this stage passes quickly and hubby, baby and home are all yours!
This is kashann
Oh Steph, I agree with everything that's been said so far. I'm glad your mom will be there soon, that will be a big help. And please, rant to all of us through your blog. We're listening and we love you!
Thanks everyone! I seem to have good days and bad days. Your advice will help...already has! Thanks for listening to me vent! I miss you!
Hang in there! Being stuck in a hotel room with your father-in-law would make anybody feel a little crazy. I like the McD's playland idea. Maybe you already have one, but try a routine witht he girls. The stability of that might give them what they need with all the changes they've had in their little lives. Remember this too shall pass. :)
Post a Comment