Monday, May 11, 2009

What I Hate and Love About Vegas

I hate that it's over 100 degrees most days and it's only springtime.
We love the sunshine! Vitamin D is a wonderful thing! Even if it's 8:30 in the AM when the sprinklers are just coming on!

I hate that it takes so long to close on a house.
I love the house we're going to get and the fact that it will cost us less per month than our rental in Buffalo! (this is the model home...ours isn't done yet)!

I hate that fish costs more here.
I love that produce is so much cheaper here. (I can make lots of fresh salsa for under $4.00)! Yippee!

I hate that Chloe can't finish kindergarten this year.
I love working with her and Lily at home. Maybe I will homeschool! .....maybe. I love the freedom we have to go and do fun things whenvever we feel like it.

I hate the gambling, nudity, and smoking on the strip.
I love some of the shows, beauty, talent, and free family activities that you can find there.
I love Chihuly glass on ceilings!
We love when friends come to visit! Carolyn is great...even though we only had her here for one day. It was awesome to have her here.
I love the fact that the church is the same here, as it is anywhere in the world. We've started going to playgroup and are making some new friends.
I love having a temple so close by. The kids sing "I Love To See the Temple" all the time in the car. We do see it from a distance quite often!

I love that we are now in a slightly bigger hotel suite. A two bedroom with kitchen. I hate that they are currently renovating their pool.

I hate that I have had so many strange lab results with this pregancy.
I love the fact that I do not have gestational diabetes!

That white sling is my prenatal cradle. I have to wear it anytime I'm doing any kind of strenuous walking or working out. (which, honestly, I don't do much of these days)! It hurts too much. Strenuous can mean standing up and walking 20 steps sometimes. I sit down or lay down whenever possible! I have to make it at least another 5 weeks!

We still need name ideas! Right now we're thinking about Logan. What do you think? Any suggestions are more than welcome. We just can't agree on anything yet!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

We miss you guys! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. My sister dated a Logan. I heard he was a nice, guiet guy. That doesn't really help though, does it.

Garth, Melissa and all the Crazies said...

So I'm incredibly jealous of your house! And as hot as 100 is it can always be cured by a pool or sprinklers. I can't imagine being pregnant in 100 degrees though! You're a trooper.

Anna said...

It is so pretty Stephanie and you look great! Do what you can to stay cool this summer.

nvandermeid said...

The house is awesome! Until it's done, find a place with really great A/C, put your feet up and hunker down!