Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Apples Really Don't Fall Far From the Tree

It was not long ago that my children weren't afraid of anything. They would go anywhere, do anything, and be fearless. However, they have recently changed these habits. I can't go anywhere in my house without them following me. If I leave a room, and they realize it, they scream and follow me to wherever I'm going. Even if I'm just running up to my room to grab a sweater. They follow. Tonight at dinner, Chloe would not sit at her normal spot because she could see into the kitchen and thought there must be a monster in there or something.
Now this brings back childhood memories for me. When I was 5 or 6 years old I did the same thing to my mom. I was sure there were monsters everywhere and that they would attack me if I was alone. I remember crying and following my mother everywhere. I was petrified of being by myself in our house. What is it that does this to kids? It's like a fear factor switch gets turned on in their brains or something. The funny thing is that Lily doesn't really care. But she'll do whatever Chloe does just because her big sister is doing it. Although on Monday Lily and I came home from the gym and she surprised me. She normally watches a movie of her choice while I take a shower. Well, I got half way through my shower and then found her, all of a sudden, in the shower with me.
Private time? What's that?

2 comments:

April said...

Every time I see there is a new post from you I hope it's about the sex of the baby. When do we get to find out?? I'm DYING here!

Oh, and I still think there are monsters lurking in my house, and I'm almost 30.

Stephanie said...

I find out next week on the 12th. The problem is....Jason doesn't want to know! How am I supposed to NOT tell him????? Everyone else in my life wants to know!