Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Things I Love About Lily...

Dear Lily,
There are things about you at the tender age of 3 that I never want to forget.
I love the way you laugh from your belly.
I love the things you say, "I go to pretty school."
"My name is Yilly."
"Mommy, you have big boobies."
"Co-Weeeee"
"Daddy Jane Tranquill, your in big trouble!"
"Don't do that never nagain!"
"Pappy Larry the Cucumber"
"Stephanie.................honey!"
"I wanna hode you." (instead of hold me, please).
I love the things you do.....even if some of them drive me crazy at times.
-You always eat a handful of snow every time we walk outside.
-You then love to sneak behind the car where I can't see you to grab a second handful before you actually get into the car.
-You love sitting in Chloe's big girl car seat when she's not there.
-You know most Disney and Barbie movies by heart. You love to act them out with sissy...and you always get the words right!
-You hate long sleeves.
-There are many days that you would prefer not to wear underwear.
-You prefer not to wear a coat.
-You're always hot even if your feet feel like ice. (You hate wearing socks and shoes in the house)!
-You love it and prefer your hair in two braids. French braids or regular...but there has to be two!
-You insist on bringing toys with you...everywhere we go. (right now your favorites are the Diamond Castle Barbies).
-You love pickled red beats.
-You will eat carrots but have to wash each one down with two glasses of milk.
-You love soups. Tomato and cream of broccoli are your favorites.
-You always have a boo-boo somewhere.
-We go through band-aids like water because you wear them like stickers. I will often find you sitting in the bathroom sink with a box of band-aids spilled all over the bathroom because you are looking for the perfect picture on the band-aid you want.
-You use a cold pack at least once a day. (and people wonder why I don't really want to put you in gymnastics!)
-You are always jumping on the couches or launching yourself into the pillows.
-You are very good at running forward. However, you like to look where you've been instead of where you are going, and therefore run into walls, people, and other objects quite frequently. (and thus end up with more boo-boos)!
-You like clean toilets.
-You act like you are going to puke if we walk into a public restroom that stinks. If it smells bad...you would rather hold it!
-You refuse to wipe your own tush-even though I know you can. You would rather scream, "Mommy, I need some help please!"
-You love tea parties.
-You love dress-up.
-You love to play with friends.
-Your best friend is Natalie.
-You love going to Miss Leslie's class and Miss Genevieve and Miss Mary's class.
-You still fall asleep in your car seat. If Chloe tries to wake you, you say, "Stop Chloe-I wanna take a nap!"
-You love the angel Moroni.
-You love to sing Book of Mormon Stories and march around the house.
-You love to look at pictures of Jesus, and no matter how many times I tell you, you always get upset when you see Christ's resurrection picture. "Mommy, Jesus has boo-boos. Why does Jesus have to have boo-boos?"
-You always ask me to sing to you if you can't sleep. I have to sing I Am A Child of God-all 4 verses before you will go to sleep or let me leave the room.
-You try to avoid clean-up time for toys at all costs.
-You love to wipe things down if I give you cleaner and some paper towels.-You like to do the walls, fridge, oven, dishwasher, cupboards,....such a great helper!
-You have just figured out that you like noodles. Mac and cheese is your favorite by far! So long, hot dogs!
-You like to be cuddled like a baby every once in a while.
-You tell me randomly throughout the day that you miss Daddy.
-You know everyone by their names. This includes friends, family, acquaintances, and everyone at the Y.
-You can remember all the names of the characters in the books we read and in the movies you watch.
-You love to dance to the Aladdin sound tract.
-You love hanging upside down.
-You love being tickled. Whenever I start- you say, "Do it again, Momma!"
-You still pump your legs while sitting in your car seat....something you've done since you were about 10 months old.
-You love to kiss my belly and say, "Mommy, I think the baby likes me!"
-You love to play pretend and are very good at making up scenarios or skits for your toys.
-I love the random hugs you give me throughout the day.
-You say, "Oh dang it" when you realize that it snowed more overnight...before walking out the door.
- When you get mad at Chloe or Daddy they become, "Chloe Mae, or Daddy Jane". I guess you really understand that when someone is in trouble, a middle name must be used!
-You love to slam doors when you're mad or if someone has hurt your feelings.
-You love Sheba and insist that she sleeps with you...in your bed. The floor is just not good enough.
-You love to snuggle with Daddy on Saturday mornings.
-If you come into my bed during the night you have to have your head on my pillow with your feet touching me, somewhere.
-You stopped wetting your bed at night about 6 months ago. I asked you to stop doing it one day while I was cleaning your bed and washing your sheets. I guess you picked up on how frustrated I was. You replied, "Okay, I won't do it ANYMORE!" -and you haven't. I love how you stick to your word!

I look back at pictures of you and can't believe how fast you are growing. You are so full of energy, fun, and spunk. Like your big sister, you live up to your hair color! I am so grateful to have you as my daughter. You are such a beautiful and precious little girl. I love you so much, Lily!

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Anna said...

"I wanna hode you". How sweet is that?