Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tranquill Family Reunion at Uncle Tom's (Second 4th of July Celebration)


More of Uncle Justin's fireworks on the 4th!
Our 4th of July holiday was spent in Lyndonville, NY. Here the girls are patiently waiting for the parade to start.
Waiting and waiting....it did eventually start...like a half hour late. But the girls got lots of candy which made them happy.
Then we went to Uncle Tom's house where the girls got to play with Jacob. Take a quick swing in the hammock.
A few rides in the boat. Isn't the pond gorgeous!?!!! We love swimming here. From back to front: Uncle Justin, Grandpa Tranquill, Chloe, Lily, and Daddy. This reunion has become our family tradition every year. It's the only time of year that we get to see all of Jason's cousins.

Sawyer and Lily played very well together. The girls loved climbing all over Lisa.Andrea, Aunt Glenda, ?, and Aunt Jeane hanging out on the dock.Jason, Justin, and Rick walking out to the water....probably up to good. Oh yeah...they tried to put a motor on the rowboat and somehow it ended up in the water! Oops!Glenda, Andrea, Chloe, and Jacob...they didn't need a motor!
Chloe didn't like having to wear a life jacket to swim....but it did make her feel more comfortable to go in the deep part!My studly manly lifeguard!Cousin Andrea became a favorite!We pet the horses across the street! Lily has a new love...she wouldn't leave until she pet all of them!The little one on the run. She didn't like the life jackets either!Daddy started shooting.This reunion is the one day of the year that I shoot a gun. I'll dig up a picture from last year to compare my form!Watch out! This was Lily's response to the shooting.Chloe decided that she wanted to try....She got really scared from the kick back. I don't think that she will ever want to shoot a gun again!Shooting last year....hmmm...I think I need a new pair of jeans.
The 4th used to be my favorite holiday because it's the day Jason proposed to me. Now it's one of my favorites because I get to swim, spend time with family, set off fireworks, and have my husband teach me how to shoot a gun. I just love the land we live in!
Happy 4th of July!


5 comments:

Anna said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Joanna said...

Really you went to a parade with candy? MAN!! That is what I always did growing up. My poor kids! It does look like a good time. That water is amazing!

Alisha said...

Such a great post! Great form with the gun.

Amy said...

Looks like a blast.

Mary said...

I love the 4th. The picture of the girls on the tramp is so cute. Fun shot!!