Saturday, January 26, 2008

I've been tagged.


Apparently, April has tagged me for sharing some interesting moments in my life. Here goes:


How long have we been together? -About 11 yrs now. Jason and I met our freshman year in college on the diving team. We were instantly really good friends. He wanted it to be more, but I had a boyfriend at the time. We met on the diving boards-and he really liked the way my butt looked in a Speedo.

We started our romantic relationship in March, I believe. We were at a National Comepetition for diving, which, ironically, was right here in good ol' Buffalo, NY. We dated until he proposed on July 4th... so about 5 months. We were then engaged for one whole year. -Way too long and painful when you're trying to be good! So not Utah!

How old is he? 36....a full 6 years older than me!

Who eats more? Definately him. But I'm the one who always wants to taste his food when we go out. He quickly swats my fork away and threatens to spit on his food. (A nasty little habit he picked up in his childhood. They coveted the food they had and never wanted to share)! But he will eventually let me taste his food once he remembers that he's not a child anymore!

Who said I love you first? I'm a bit foggy on this one. It was definately something we both knew about eachother right away. I loved him before we started dating. I think I probably said it first.

Who is taller? That's a funny question. I'm 4'9" and he's 5'11".

Who sings better? Jason is probably more musically versatile. We can both sing fairly well. However, I still need to learn alto. I used to be a soprano...and have some issues with it now. However, we are both doing really well on Rock Band!

Who is smarter? Jason...he should be after all the degrees he has now! Although I have more common sense!

Who does the laundry. That would be me. Jason will occasionally help with folding, especially when I throw it at him.

Who does the dishes? I do. But he will help out by putting dishes away...sometimes.

Who's on the right side of the bed? If you are looking at the bed...he is. If you are in the bed, I am. (I'm the one closest to the door and therefore closest to the kids.)

Who pays the bills? That is one of the chores I absolutely hate. So he does it.

Who mows the lawn? That would be me. I also pick up the doggy poops too, with Chloe and Lily's help. They are really good at helping! On Jason's behalf, he used to do it, but now that he's back in school, I've taken over because he just doesn't have the time.

Who cooks dinner? I do. I like to cook what I'm hungry for. And he'll eat just about anything.

Who is more stubborn? That would be a tie. We are both really stubborn, but surprisingly easy going. We never really fight. Now our kids on the other hand....are insanely stubborn. I guess it has something to do with those Italian and German genes....and the red hair!

Who kissed who first? He kissed me first...and I really wanted him to!

Who asked who out? Again...fuzzy on this one. I knew that he was the one for me....he knew that I just needed to break up with my boyfriend at the time. As soon as I did that....we were inseparable.

Who proposed? Jason asked me to marry him on July 4th. Now, he was going to ask me while we were at the fireworks in downtown Rochester....and kind of chickened out. We ended up taking some friends home, and then hung out at his parents house, I had an allergy attack, he took me home, gave me some medicine, put me to bed, and then while I was about to fall asleep he put the ring box in my hand and got down on one knee. Not exactly the romantic evening he had originally planned....but he had to wait until I was breathing again!

Who is more sensitive? Definately me!

Who has more friends? We are about equal in this department.

Who has more siblings? Jason. He's one of seven. I'm one of two.


I took the color test and found out that I am orange. Interesting that orange is my favorite color!


I haven't totally finished reading everyone's blogs....so I'm not sure of who has done this little quiz. Carrie and Alishia? If you haven't, then, tag you're it!


2 comments:

Anna said...

Very cute! I loved reading about you guys!

Joanna said...

Stephanie- I found your blog on Aprils (and everyone elses) I loved reading about you two. How fun.