Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Jonah Has Arrived!















Jonah James arrived at 37 weeks and 6 days...quite the record for me! He decided that he was comfortable in there after 10 weeks of bed rest and mommy having to take meds to keep the contractions away. I went into the hospital for what I thought might be a leak. As it turned out I was 4 cm dilated, not leaking, but having regular contractions. So, I was admitted at 5PM at night and had to walk the halls of the hospital every few hours. After more contractions, more dilation....things fizzled out. Nothing. What the heck? My water should have burst by now! But no. Nothing. So my membranes got stripped, Jason and I walked the halls....more contractions, more dilation, then nothing more. So, now they are going to break my water. Okay, now I want an epidural because anytime my cervix gets touched I want to hit someone. Cue the hubby. But alas, it can't be done. If he leaves it in there I will be "wet tapped" and apparently never forgive him for the excruciating headache I would have the following day. So, no epidural. Water is broken. Wow! I forgot how warm and uncomfortable it is to sit in your own water. Pitosin is now flowing into me...not much, but enough to kick start everything into high gear. Ok honey, I want something for this pain! He gives me an intrathecal injection of some drug that makes my legs feel like spaghetti and I get kinda itchy but am loving the fact that I have no pain and can take a 10 minute cat nap. (I have been awake all night long)!!! All of a sudden I am 10 cm dilated fully effaced and ready to push! Wait! Sharon is at the gate trying to get onto base. She's going to video tape my last child being born! I make a call to the neighbor to double check that the garage door is shut as she wasn't totally sure she remembered to shut it. Phew. It is! In comes Sharon and Jason...now the pushing can begin. Oh and now I feel a little bit of the pain. Jason gets to catch the baby, cut the chord, and put the baby on my chest. So much nicer than two years ago when he was across the country while I delivered Lincoln!
Jonah is healthy and strong....just jaundiced. He had to go under the lights twice and had come home with a billy blanket once.
There is never a shortage of arms to hold him, cuddle him, kiss him, or just smother him with love. Lincoln wanted to ignore him at first, but now loves to give him a pacifier, or tell me when baby Jonah is crying or making a funny face.






























He looks so much like his Daddy!














































































































Life must go on. Within Jonah's first week of life he attended Chloe's birthday party...a sleepover. We got home from the last round of light treatment to decorate the house and get some last minute things done. Thank goodness Sharon was here to make the cake and get everything else ready...including taking care of all my other children!




Decorating their treat bags.













Let there be freeze dance!



















Now the house is back to normal. Nanna has gone home and life will take on a new rhythm as mommy learns to juggle life with 4 kids. Wish me luck!






6 comments:

Sara said...

Congratulations! What a sweet baby boy!

Anthony and Kristie said...

Congrats:)

Anna said...

Congratulations! Way to go mama!

Joanna said...

he is darling. Congratulations.

Melly Mae said...

good job steph! he is beautiful!!!

AtoZ said...

Congrats you guys. He is such a cutie. I love hte name Jonah and wanted name one of my sons Jonah. Good choice. I hope you are all doing well.