Friday, September 23, 2011

First Day of School


During the day, before she goes to school, Lily gets to do fun stuff with Nanna. Making cookies is one of their favorite activities. Great for them but difficult for me unless I can get them to make sugar free or almost sugar free recipes. Having gestational diabetes has been a real eye opener for me. It's a lot harder than I thought.
Lily's favorite part is being able to mix with her hands! I think she would prefer to be smothered in chocolate from head to toe. She is my sugar fiend.
Technically, this was not Chloe's first day of school....because I forgot to take pictures of her that day. So this was like the first day of the second week of school. The girls have to wear uniforms this year which has greatly simplified our lives. They can wear khaki, navy, white, red, or grey.
This was Lily's actual first day of school. She was beaming from ear to ear...but would much prefer to be going all day. Linc, however, is grateful to have her around to play with in the AM's.
Bed rest for the past 2+ months is wearing on me. I am so grateful to have Jason's mom here to help with the kids, the cleaning, the running around, the dog....all the things that I normally do but am not allowed to at the moment. This Sunday I will be 36 weeks and the bed rest can be over! I am so grateful for the Relief Society for bringing us meals twice a week. That has been such a huge help as well. If the baby would decide to come on Monday morning that would be just perfect! The girls have a primary program on Sunday and I don't want to miss it!

2 comments:

brentandkashann said...

I just saw my Dr. a couple of days ago and they are not lifting my bed rest. They said I should take it easy till 38 weeks. So how come your Doctor is fine with a 36 week delivery?

The one with the View said...

I am SO glad I finally got to sit down and catch up on everything with you! Your photos are wonderful, you look beautiful, and the kids are getting SO BIG! Jason REALLY turned 39??? I didn't realize he was that much older than me, or any older than Derrek. Can't wait to hear about Baby Tranquill! Praying for a smooth Labor and Delivery, and hope I get to meet him one day soon!! We miss y'all SOOOO much! xoxo