Thursday, July 28, 2011

And So It Begins...

It is no secret that I wish I were just a few inches taller. The current reason for this wish? Pre-term labor issues. Just a few days ago it started. Contractions if I walk too much or too fast. If I go up and down stairs I get winded and start to contract. I have this strange feeling that something is just not quite right. It is the same feeling I had before going into pre-term labor with Chloe. It's a feeling that I can't really put into words other than just uncomfortable constraint that makes me cry. This baby is running out of room already and I'm only 27 1/2 weeks. I hate having to sit or lay down all the time while the world goes by without me. I'd much rather be running around with or after my children, playing with them, and being active with them. I love to keep my house a certain way...that is very clean. I like to work out at least 3 times a week. I can't really do any of that on bed rest. I'm so glad I'm surrounded by family right now. This is the hardest part of being pregnant for me. I'll stay down because it means this baby will have a better chance at a safe delivery. It's his life and I have to protect it. It's just so hard to let others do my work for me....or to just let things slide. But there really isn't much choice, is there? I've got to make it 8 more weeks. My goal is 9 more weeks. We shall see. Please keep us in your prayers!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So sorry to hear that. Let me know what I can do to help.

brentandkashann said...

I have been doing the bed rest thing for 6 weeks now and for me it has gotten easier. But I am just so sad to seem my sister going by without being able to have fun with my kids. And to have no one way to work off my appetite really stinks too! Good luck! I am three weeks behind you by the way!