For the past few days my baby has had random diahrea. This is very unusual because the boy normally poops like clockwork. His poops are normally quite hard and very grown-up looking. But lately they have been loose to the point of having blow-outs all the way up to his shoulders. I have done laundry every day this week. The poor child has been getting more and more tired, eating less and less, and then today while at the hospital already, broke into a full blown fever.
Now, I had to take the girls out of their co-op school classes early, in order to take the boy to the urologist. Why? Because his original circumcision was not done properly. So we were at the hospital, got him checked for that, and scheduled his surgery. While there I notice he's very warm.
Then we went over to immunizations to get the girls all caught up with their shots. Keep in mind we had just been there last week. I'll give you the re-run. ~It was not fun.~ All of my children were crying. Chloe took about 20 minutes crying, "Now just wait! Let's think about this. I need to think! Please let me think of something happy...." Finally it took me hurling her up onto a bed, and 3 burley guys to hold her down...she got 3 shots in her leg. After all the screaming and crying, of which I'm sure everyone in the entire hospital heard, she yelled, "Hey, that didn't hurt at all!" Then it was Lily's turn. She had run out of the room crying and was brought back by a very nice technician that just looked at me with pity. As not to take up any more of these poor peoples' time, I picked her up and put her up on the bed. But she very quickly said, "No Mommy, in my arm, please, in my arm!" So she bravely sat on my lap and took her shots like a big girl. She just cried. I was happy that she wasn't kicking and screaming like her sister. Lincoln thought the beginning of getting his shots was fun. We laid him down on the bed and he just relaxed and talked with everyone. Then when the shots came, he cried and looked at me as though I betrayed him. It was heart breaking.
So, today I had prepared the girls in advance that they would be getting 2 more shots today. Chloe, admitted that she was scared, but went in, sat on my lap, and took it like a woman! I was so proud of her. Not a scream, not a rebuttal, not even a tear! Lily cried, but made it through. The one phlabotomist was so proud of them and relieved, he gave them high fives and they gave him hugs! It was so much better than round one!
By this time the boy was even hotter. I asked one of the techs to take his temp. But I could tell he hadn't done it much and I didn't trust his reading. The temp read 97. I knew he was hotter. But by this time it was too late in the afternoon to be seen by our family doc. So, we went over to the emergency department. Sure enough, Linc had a temp of 102. So my baby has a virus he's fighting. Probably a stomach bug. We are pushing fluids, giving Tylenol, and letting him sleep as much as possible. We're hoping and praying for him to feel better soon! Poor baby.
Kids Funny Phrases 2025 and before
11 months ago

3 comments:
Poor baby. I hope he gets better soon. It's a little scary that the first person got his temperature wrong.
Yeah. Tell me about it. He put the thermometer under his arm and didn't hold it there for very long. I knew it was in innaccurate reading...and I'm not a health care professinal. I think that guy was very new and very green.
Oh, ICK!! I'm Sorry!! Bailey has diarrhea for no known reason too--she's had it for almost 4 days now! she got her shots on Monday for her 2 yr check up, her Dr told me it's going around right now!! I hope he feels better, and know that I know your situation all too well!! HUGS to you all!
Post a Comment