Monday, December 28, 2009

Retention


I'm happy to say that my kids are retaining some of what we are teaching them during our Family Home Evening lessons and scripture study time. The following is a conversation between the girls and I just the other day.


C: Mom, what's that guys' name again?

Mom: What guy?

C: The one that told Him to turn rocks into bread and to jump off the building?

Mom: Huh?........ Oh, you're talking about Satan tempting Jesus?

C: Yeah, that guy. He wanted to be selfish.

L: He's the one that told me to steal the gum.

Mom: He's always trying to get people to do things they shouldn't do.

L: Yup. I stoled the gum and you made me take it back.

Mom: Yup. You can't just take things that don't belong to you. We have to pay for them first.

C: Yeah. That wasn't a good day.

1 comment:

The one with the View said...

LOVE this!! I know how heart warming it is to know your children REALLY ARE listening!! CONGRATS!