
Last weekend we took Daddy and Linc to the Warm Springs for the first time. The girls and I have been there twice before with
Nanna and then again with Jennie, Sam, and the boys. So it was exciting to take our whole family for a Ward activity. I made chocolate delight to share and had to scrape the bottom of the dish to get any myself. I guess it was a hit....but now I feel like I need to make it again!
So Lincoln took his first dip in a pool! He had on cute little swim trunks...but his swimmie diaper came all the way up to his nipples! (It was given to us from a friend because I forgot to bring one). Oh well....it worked!

He was really unaffected by the water. We think he liked it. The water at the Warm Springs is like bath water...so the biggest reaction we got out of him was chattering gums when he got out. I think we might have another fish on our hands!

Daddy was wearing the kids' goggles to do a few laps -as evident on his forehead!
The following day we drove north again, out through the Valley of Fire to Lake Mead. Wow! The sights were amazing! We went for a get together with Jason's colleagues from work and had such a good time. Lincoln, Chloe and Lily went on their first boat rides. Chloe went tubing with Mommy and Daddy, Jason did some waterboarding, and then he and I got to surf behind the boat! I got up on my first try!!!! Lily was so proud of me. She kept saying, "Wow, great job Mommy!" It was a blast!




This little one, known as informer #1, and known for changing her clothes at least 5 times a day, got a little car sick on the way there. But as soon as she sat in front of the air conditioning vent, had some water, and saw her friends....was happy as a clam! I never heard, "Mommy, I just wanna go home" again, after we opened the car doors.

This one, also known as miss bossy, or informer #2, had a blast the entire day. She made new "best" friends and tried to hide out in their boat when it was time to go home. On her first boat trip Lily opted to stay on shore and play. After awhile, Miss Bossy was telling the driver, Sam, that he needed to turn around and take her back to shore because she missed her sister. She has no problem telling people exactly what she wants, when she wants it. Gee. I wonder where she gets that from?!

Daddy and the girls went to scope things out while Lincoln and I hung back in the car for snack time.

This is the boat we got to surf behind! -So much fun!

Packing things up and getting ready to go. Where's Chloe? Oh yeah...the stole away in the boat! We broke out the
Twizzlers and crackers...she came back!

This is the boat she was hiding out in!
Chloe had soccer pictures last week and will have her first game this week. It's going to be interesting! (They haven't been taught what a game is going to be like). Will I laugh or cry...???!!! Maybe both!

They are such a cute group of kids!


Lily loves her baby brother!


Linc is now wearing Calvin Klein. (Uncle Rick sent us a package)! Thanks Uncle Rick!

Linc has started blowing bubbles!


And is now sitting in the bouncy seat...even though his legs don't touch the floor. (So we stack books under him)! He loves it!
Lots of firsts for us! Hope you're having some great first moments too! We love and miss you all!
1 comment:
What? No pictures of you surfing behind the boat? I love that Chloe was hiding out in that boat, and I love that you got her out with crackers and Twizzlers. What amazing pictures of that amazing landscape! Yes, you guys HAVE been busy!
Post a Comment