This is a mop brush. It's purpose is to absorb a lot of water and paint to cover a larger area of canvas. I almost had my latest painting complete last night...but had a few touch ups to do this morning. Now, I usually do not paint my "real" paintings when the children are around, because I know that they will want to "help" me. -Especially Lily. However, she woke up this morning, got ready for school and had plenty of time to spare and said, "Mommy, I need to paint!" So, being the art teacher mom that I am...I indulged her and also got out my own work to finish real quick. Lily has about 100 of her own paintbrushes. Do you think she wanted to use those? No. She very quietly pulled out my mop brush and very sweetly said, "Mommy, can I use this brush?" Not really thinking about the implications of this I allowed her to...moreso as to give myself the few moments I needed to do what I needed to do. Well, in about 2 minutes...maybe less, she had black paint splattered all over her face, half the table, and the floor. Not to mention it was all very, very wet! I wish I would've taken a picture because she was so proud of herself. She really enjoyed using that brush! She made such a mess! But, I did not take a picture...instead I cleaned her up and everything around her to protect my own painting.
Kids Funny Phrases 2025 and before
11 months ago


4 comments:
Stephanie that picture is amazing, you are so talented.
Beautiful job you two!
You are such a good mom. I don't have the patience to let my older kids be creative and paint or do crafts. I am too much of a control freak and I can't handle the mess.
Thanks for sharing you art.
I don't think I have ever seen a painting that you have done. Amazing.
Post a Comment