Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"Mommy, How Does the Baby Get Out of Your Belly, Really"?

Me about 8 or 9 weeks ago.

When it comes to the conditions of my uterus, I have a hard time keeping secrets. So, for all of you who may not have heard yet, yes, I am pregnant! I'm 7 1/2 weeks along and feeling quite nauseous most of the time as well as very tired...but the rest of time I feel great and enjoy indulging in my cravings. Examples: snow crab, fillet-o-fish sandwiches, junior whoppers, chicken salad on an everything bagel, pickles, Coke Icees, and ice cream to name my most recent favorites!
7 weeks
I found out I was pregnant 5 days before my missed period...I went in for my annual exam, not expecting to get a positive result, and was rather shocked at the news! After 5 months, I was beginning to think I was too old to get prego or something....well, I was wrong! Phew!

The first person that I told was Chloe. (Only because Jason wasn't returning my text messages-he was in a part of the hospital that he couldn't and took forever to get home that day....so I had to tell someone!!!!!) I told her it would be a secret and that she shouldn't tell anyone. Well, that didn't work. The phone rang, she picked it up, and blurted out, "Guess what, Nanna! Mommy has a baby in her tummy"! So my secret couldn't really be a secret...as she continued to tell more and more people as the days went by.

Both girls are very excited and have been putting their baby dolls and stuffed animals under their shirts. It was reported to me today that Lily was caught nursing her baby in the football position at school today. (How she knows about that I'm not totally sure)!

This morning was the kicker. Chloe was ready for school and we were sitting down eating breakfast and she says, "Mommy, how does the baby get out of your belly, really? Do you cut it out?" Previous to this she figured that I would throw it up. She was constantly asking me to open my mouth so she could check it out. I guess she figured that wouldn't work very well. So, upon considering the honesty approach from my friend Angela, I decided to give Chloe a quick anatomy lesson. I told her that the baby is inside my uterus and made a circular shape with my hands. Then I told her that when the baby is ready to live on its own, he or she would travel through the birth canal and come out of my vagina. You know that hole that you have down there? That's what that hole is for. Sometimes that doesn't work and then they will cut the belly open. But most of the time babies come out of the vagina. She then stared at me for what felt like forever, and said, "Wow. That's really gross, Mom!"

I just wonder how many of her friends at school now know where and how a baby really comes out.!?...

9 comments:

Garth, Melissa and all the Crazies said...

So is it wrong to say that your blog is my favorite! I always end up laughing so hard I cry. If you ever want me to watch Lily so you can take a nap call me. We just pretend Hugh is the ogre ruining our princess fun.

Heather said...

CONGRATS!!!! This is a cute story. Sorry I missed you at church.

Deborah said...

Congratulations. I kept hoping we would hear something from you. You know, Chloe reminds me ever so slightly of one of mine. Can you guess which one?

Mary said...

Congratulations. How exciting!!

Anna said...

So great! Congratulations! The world needs another cute Tranquill kid.

Carolyn said...

Maybe Lily knows about nursing becasue she remembers!!! Wasn't that long ago. I seem to remember her little hands in my Clevage as recently as March!

Alisha said...

Congrats! That's one doctor visit you wont forget! :) Every time we have moved I have been a little prego or severely prego. I'm glad you will just be a little prego :)

Katrina said...

Exciting news! I had the same "surprise" at an anual exam when I found out I was pregnant with Anne Elyse.

I was laughing pretty hard about Chloe's reaction to your "anatomy" lesson. Austin has this one figured out too thanks to a Discovery Health show he happened upon on the TV! He even knows that some women give birth in the bathtub. Brother!

The Conductor said...

HEY! Congratulations!!! I don't remember hearing about this. (Do I?) That's what we get for moving away, huh? Sorry life has been too crazy to even check your blog for over a month. I'm so excited for your big news! Here's to hoping the nausea will pass quickly, and that you'll stay out of bedrest for as long as possible. Congrats to all of you!