Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mural for my Mom

This is now on the wall at my Mom's school. She's the school nurse. Her office needed some cheering up. So, I think we accomplished that!
This section is my favorite!

It's been awhile since I've posted anything...because we've been busy with the day to day life and I'm tired. Anyway, a lot has happened so I will fill you in. A few weeks ago I went to my mom's school to finish a mural that I started exactly one year ago. Why has it taken so long? Because it's an hour 1/2 away from where I live now and her school is not exactly safe to go to on weekends. If you fear for your own life...you stay away when school is not in session. My kids stayed with one Nana while I went to paint with the other Nana. My mom created the design and started the colors while I came in and did the painting and unifying. It's still not quite done to my liking, definately needs some tweeking, but it looks much better than it did a year ago!

5 comments:

Boss said...

Beautiful! So now that you're finished with that, my house is a lot closer, and it's safe to visit at night, so any time you feel like painting ... ;)

Deborah said...

Beautiful. I hope you signed your name in BIG letters.

Anna said...

You are so talented. Excellent job!

Alisha said...

Beautiful work!

Heather said...

Wow!!!! That is wonderful!!!



My house is safe at night too and close to old friends;)