Thursday, April 3, 2008

While The Hubby is Away He Invites His Friends Over To Play




(This happened a few weeks ago.)

One Sunday last month, after church, my hubby decides to tell me that the Elder's Quorum is coming over for an X-Box night. In my head I'm thinking, okay that's fine...I'll go hybernate in my room and read or blog and the guys can play downstairs. No problem. But then he tells me that he is going to be in Syracuse for the next 7 weeks. In other words, he is not going to be here for his own little gathering. So all week long I stew over this trying to come up with ways to get out of it. My kids are sick, my dog is sick, I'm sick....none of which was true...so I just tried not to think about it. I called my hubby the morning of and said, "You owe me one". We had the party and it was fine. I took the kids to the mall, tired them out, and got them to bed by 7PM. (A rare occurance, but one that I've been trying to uphold ever since). The boys had fun downstairs and I got to hybernate in my room. I did laundry and took a nap. I woke up as they were all leaving at like 10:30 or so...went down and said good-bye. They were very good! They even cleaned up after themselves! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. And it was my home teacher's birthday...so Happy Birthday Adrian! I told them they could use our house again if they needed to. Hopefully next time my hubby will be there! It was just slightly awkward being the female host at an Elder's Quorum activity.

Sheba really enjoyed it! She found the dog lovers in the group really fast.

5 comments:

Anna said...

Oh yeah, he definitely owes you.

Amy said...

I love that you played hostess to the EQ. It could be the start of a new interest group.

Mary said...

You are VERY nice. He definitely owes you.

April said...

So, what expensive piece of jewelry has he picked out to thank you?

Joanna said...

you are a SAINT!