I went into the hospital on Tuesday to have some minor surgery done. Yes, it was planned and no I'm not going to go into details. Never in a million years did it ever cross my mind that I could possibly die from this surgery. I don't remember a thing, but apparently somewhere between the operating room and the recovery room my airway obstructed and I was not getting any oxygen. My chest was going up and down but nothing was getting into my lungs. The resident that was monitoring me thought there was something wrong with the pulse oximeter. While she was busy testing it out on her own finger someone else called the code cart over as well as other nurses. Jason, who was not on my case, came over to see what was going on. He took one look at me....my face was white, my lips were blue, and my eyelids were blue...and he went into take over mode. He stayed super calm, pushed everyone else out of the way and did a chin lift, and had another anesthetist bag me. Apparently I had gone from 50% down to 9%. Another minute and I would have been brain damaged. A minute after that and I would have been dead. So right now I am feeling really lucky to be alive and really glad that Jason stepped in when he did. He freaked out after I was stable.
I am recovering slowly but should be back to normal real soon! I'm just glad I'm still breathing!
Kids Funny Phrases 2025 and before
11 months ago

5 comments:
How Scary!! I am so glad that he was there. Sounds like some training is in order for that resident!! Let me know if there is anything we can do to help.
Scary!
Praise GOD that you are still here with your Four Precious Beauties, and that HE put Jason there with you!! Brings tears to my eyes..........
Got your email...will email you tomorrow!! Miss y'all
Holy crap! I'm glad you are still alive too!
WOW! That is so crazy. SO glad that Jason was there and that are are doing better. What a miracle. So glad that you are still here and can raise your sweet little children.
Post a Comment