Our awesome friend Carolyn convinced us to meet her in Florida for a Disney vacation. She was going to run her first marathon and needed us there for moral support. We needed a family vacation to re-group after Daddy had been in Afghanastan for 8 months. So, our desired Disney Cruise turned into a Disney World trip as she paid for our stay there. We only paid to get there. An offer we couldn't refuse. A week to remember always.
This entry is about our last day.
Magic Kingdom
This was our last day in Disney World. It was quite cold but beautiful.
I was really glad that I listened to that quiet voice that told me to pack winter coats at the last second before we left Vegas.
We missed getting their autographs the first time we went to Magic Kingdom. So there was no way we were going to miss the opportunity to dance with them!
Lincoln normally loves to dance...I mean really boogie! Unfortunately he was REALLY tired and just couldn't get into it.
Chloe gettin her groove on!
Then we made our way over to Space Mountain. After riding that a few times we got to meet, as Lincoln calls him, "Butt Year"...........otherwise known as Buzz Light Year!
Moving on to Thunder Mountain!!
Mommy soothing their fears.
Thank goodness for Fast Passes and the courtesy child switch passes. The girls were able to go on again and again!
Then onto the train to take us to Fantasy Land.
Thank goodness for Fast Passes and the courtesy child switch passes. The girls were able to go on again and again!
Then onto the train to take us to Fantasy Land.
Linc was mesmerized by the steam engine train. Until they blew the horn and scared the crap out of him!
Face painting fun. (Chloe only kept hers on for about 30 minutes. She washed it off in a huff and would not tell me why).
Lily became the Water Fairy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was also the day we lost Chloe. I took the girls on the merry-go-round. Chloe insisted on running off to get a particular horse. I of course chose to stay with my younger child who wanted to do her own thing too. Well, when you exit that ride there are 3 exits. It took us about 20 minutes to find her amongst the crowds of people. Luckily this nice couple that didn't speak any English stood with her until Daddy found her. She was all tears. Needless to say she never "ran off" to do her own thing again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 comments:
Great photos! I love the sneer on Flynn Ryder!
I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. After 8 months sans hubs, you definitely deserved a vacation! (And he does too!)
And WDW is the best. Usually, I don't like wholesome family-oriented entertainment, but Disney World totally won me over last year, and we can't wait to go back.
I miss you guys. I think of you every time we play rock band, and hope you're doing well. I can't believe how much those kids are growing!
and not a single comment on who got to hug rapunzel first?!?!?!?!
Oh yes...I forgot to mention that Carolyn practically plowed over Flynn to get to Rapunzel...first! Rapunzel said that was the first time a woman has passed up Flynn to get to her. Meeting Rapunzel was Carolyn's #1 priority after finishing her marathon!
Post a Comment