Sunday, November 28, 2010

Reverse Your Buts...




Last week a member of our bishopric gave a talk about "reversing your buts." Which basically is a positive way of thinking. It takes you out of your slump and reminds you of all you have to be grateful for. So, I'm going to give you my list of "reversed buts".


1. My husband is in Afghanastan, but he's coming home very soon.


2. Sometimes it sucks that my husband is in the military, but I have a husband who is patriotic, stands up for what is right, and I will support him in that.


3. Our children sometimes drive me crazy, but they are healthy, strong, smart, lovable, loving, and funny.


4. I'm not crazy about living in Nevada, but I do love the sunshine.


5. My son still likes to be held all the time, but he has this cute little way of reminding me of what's important. With his two little hands he will grab my cheeks, turn my head towards him, and give me a kiss. As if to say...."Don't worry about that dirty countertop, Mom. I'm here to be loved now. You can do that later."


6. My oldest daughter is starting in on a defiance phase but she breaks down and always gives me a hug at the end of the battle. *Because she knows I'm right.! We are so much alike....both of us need to have the last word. So, ending in a hug is not so bad.


7. I'm frustrated that Jason is not here, but I can go to the gym and work out my frustrations. I've lost a few inches since he's been gone.


8. My oldest is now starting to hate school...only because she hates waking up early in the morning. But, I have Grandpa here to take her to the bus stop every day.


9. I feel like all I ever do is clean, but I have a nice beautiful home where the spirit can dwell.


10. We certainly don't have a perfect life, but we have everything we need.


11. We don't have lots of money, but we are happy.


I'm so grateful for my family. I love them so much. I'm so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for His example. I'm grateful for the restored church. For it's organization and fullness. And I'm grateful to have a Father in Heaven that knows me inside and out. He knows what I can handle and what I can't. I'm grateful for this time in my life to learn and grow. ~To be out of my comfort zone. I'm grateful for all of my family and friends who have gone out of their way to help us during this upside down and crazy trial.


I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.




4 comments:

Joanna said...

Stephanie-
I loved this! If I ever have to speak again in church I now have a great idea! :) Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Steph said...

You're awesome. Bring your kids over again next time you're ready to strangle.

The one with the View said...

Good For you!! I am proud of you for this post! And wish we were closer--to help each other out in one of the worst times in both of our lives!! Hugs Friend. Keep the Faith, keep the Love, and the rest will follow!!

Melly Mae said...

i like this post!!! you have always been such an example to me stephanie! i think that you are amazing!! i could never do what you have done. you are such an adorable amazing mother and a supportive wife!!! not to mention amazingly talented in so many ways!!!! just know that you aren't the only one learning from your trials!!! you have been a great example to me and so many others!!! keep it up sista!!!!

ps- once i have this baby you better believe i'll be at the gym right along with you!!!