There are some nights that I wonder why I even bother going to bed. As a mother of three I suppose lack of sleep is simply part of the job description.
Apparently OCD is genetic, and also something I suffer from, as I have found myself turning into my mother. Let me explain. I like my house to look a certain way and my standards are probably set too high since it took me until 12:30 last night to get it the way I wanted it. (and that was just the downstairs)! When I realized the time I stopped. Not because of how late it was or because I was done, but because Lincoln was screaming bloody murder. He has had diarrhea for the last two weeks and is just now getting better. But now he is teething. He has five teeth and I think he's working on about five more. His nose is running constantly or plugged up with interesting colors and he is drooling uncontrollably. The poor baby is just in pain. So I tried everything I could think of to help him. But by the time I got him back down it was 1:30. After sending a teary e-mail to Jason, to inform him of everything, I went to bed. At 3:30 Chloe comes into my room. She had a bad dream. So she gets into my bed to sleep. Chloe is nicknamed the octopus at bedtime. She simply does not understand personal space. I had to physically move her about 3 times to keep her off of my head. (and we have a king size bed)! 5AM rolls around and Linc is up again and thinks it's time to play. I took him downstairs for some juice, changed his diaper and put him back in bed. He screamed at me for about 5 minutes before deciding to go back to sleep. I just kept repeating, "It's not time to wake up yet, it's not time to wake up yet." Then Chloe decides to wake up and 6:10 which is so unlike her. "Mom, it's time for school! Get up Mom! ...........Mom? Mooooooooooommmmmmmmm!!!!!!! Wake uuuuuuuuup!" I open one eye and tell her promptly that my alarm clock goes off twice. It hasn't even gone of once yet. Leave Mommy alone for 5 more minutes. Go get dressed, brush your hair and your teeth and then come back.
Now I'm awake but don't want to be. I get her out the door with Grandpa, my neighbors daughter arrives, and my day has begun. Funny. When did yesterday end?
Lily and Lincoln slept in until 8AM. So unusual and so not fair!
Kids Funny Phrases 2025 and before
11 months ago

3 comments:
Soo true!!! I have not slept in over three years what with pregnancy with my daughter and her waking through the night. She started sleeping through the night when I was reprogrammed not to be able to sleep. I turned to an OTC sleep aid and just when I was getting to sleep without them...I find out I'm pregnant and am up 5 times a night to use the bathroom. That's finally over and now my body's back to being programmed not to sleep. I've just resigned to the fact that I won't sleep until our last child (maybe this one since sleep is sooo precious to me) is married and has his/her own children. Who am I kidding I won't sleep then either worrying about the grandkids :0/. Sleep's overrated anyway..right? :-D Hope this helps you know you're not alone in welcoming a new day without bidding farewell to the last :-D. Sleep tight!
Ohhhhhh Stephanie you are a saint!!! Nights like those make life HARD. Haha. Being a mother of even 1... it's just part of the job description. The good news is every tear wiped and every sleepless night is accounted for!!! It may seem like a thankless job at times, but I am convinced we will recieve our reward for times like those :):) Keep it up lady! You are amazing!!!! PS- miss seeing your face!!!
I'll call you this week re the Scentsy :)
Post a Comment